- Designate a user and have them get the POS database information
ready before install.
- Select your stores' POS system from our POS list on left.
The appropriate POSuplink™ will download.
- Click and open self-install instructions PDF from below.
Follow 5 easy steps to set up connection (takes about 10 minutes).
- No need to do anything after activating. Data is pulled
in the background during business hours and does not affect
Gross margin relative performance
dashboard reports by definition
GROSS PROFIT (GP $ and GM % by product family)Gross Profit = Retail sales minus wholesale cost.
Gross Margin = Gross Profit as a % of sales.
DAYS ON HAND (by duration or select items)If you were to stop ordering merchandise, how soon would you have empty shelves? Unit retail inventory divided by average daily sales units,
during recent 14 days.
STOCK OUTS (# of items and stock outs by product family)Demand for an item that cannot be fulfilled from the current inventory.
You have zero inventory on that date, and that item had sold once
in the prior 75 days.
TOTAL LOST SALES (potential lost sales, by product family)Money you could have made if you didn't have stock-outs. Based on number
of days an item was stocked out and average daily sales of that item.
GROSS MARGIN COMPARISON (Gross Margin Relative Performance)Compare your store’s Gross Margin to both the top stores for that product family,
and national average of all stores.
GROSS PROFIT COMPARISON (Gross Profit Relative Performance)Your store's Gross Profit performance compared to all stores in our dealer community nationally.
Simple visuals of
your store's performance
access to the retailer Dashboard
How is your performance?
store's numbers against other stores
Get the most out of your dashboard
- Check your Dashboard reports once a week to create a benchmark and measure progress.
- Challenge your staff to increase category margins, i.e. raise your apparel margins to match "Top Stores".
- Watch Gross Margin vs Gross Profit graphs, see if your effort in lower margin sales is growing or reducing.
- Make sure a manufacturers part number or SKU are entered for each item you carry.
- Read VLCycling Blog – a business resource where you can find the latest studies on supply chain and inventory management, along with fellow retailer experiences.
- Share your story - We want to feature your shop in our blog. Learn from each other how analytics can better your business. Send ideas to email@example.com